Learn Java + Basic Android + Professional Android with Project
1 on 1 tutoring to go from A to Zee in Android App Development by learning LIVE online
Course Start Date: 19 May 2012
The most comprehensive Android App Development Online Course anywhere!
Designed for future Android Developers, Android App Development for Beginners Includes 30 LIVE online interactive classes. The course also includes 4 online tests and documents [PPT’s and Docs] to provide you an integrated and comprehensive online learning environment.
How is this online course different?
- Taught by an experienced instructor : 5+ years of teaching core technology and programming topics
- Comprehensive course : 30 LIVE interactive classes with exercises
- Priced competitively : At less than $7 per hour, this is the most cost-effective course without cutting down on the length or breadth of course coverage
Course Java Course outline:
- Features of Java
- Java Literals
- First Java Program
- Data Types
- What is data type?
- Introduction to operator
- Arithmetic operators
- Bit wise Operators
- Relational Operators
- Boolean Logical Operators
- Assignment Operator
- The ? Operator
- Control Statements
- Selection Statements
- If selection statements
- Switch selection statement
- Looping statements
- Jump Statements
- Introduction to Class
- What is class?
- Declaring Objects
- Introduction to method
- Access Control
- Complete Understanding OOPS concepts
- Classes and Methods
- Method overloading
- Constructor overloading
- More about method
- Call by value
- Call by reference
- Nested class
- Command Line Argument
- Super & final
- Method overriding
- Multilevel Inheritance
- Dynamic Method Dispatch
- Abstract Classes
- Object Class
- Defining interfaces
- Implementing interfaces
- Interface variables
- Extending interfaces
- Vector class
- Random class
- Date class
- Calendar & Gregorian class
- Math Class
- Hash table
- Wrapper Class
- String & String Buffer
- String Handling
- Methods & Examples
- String Buffer
- Exception Handling
- Try and catch
- Introduction to thread
- The Main Thread
- Thread Life Cycle
- Creating Thread
- Thread Priority
Basic Android App Development online course outline:
- What is Android?
- Android components
- Android Development Tools
- Android Application Architecture
- Android virtual device - Emulator
- Create and run Android Virtual Device
- Error handling and typical problems
- First Android project
- OptionMenu and ActionBar
- Layout Manager and ViewGroups
- Styles and Themes
- Deploy your application on a real device
- Calling WS from andriod using php
- Calling WS from andriod using jsp
- Interacting with mysql database from andriod with CRUD operation
- SQLite database examples
- Localization in andriod
- List view along with listeners event
Professional Android App Development online course outline:
- What is Android?
- Understanding Android Architecture.
- Different components of an Android Architecture.
- Use of Activity, Service, Content Provider & Broadcast Receiver.
- What is AndroidManifest.xml file?
- Setting up development environment.
- Understanding logging & debugging mechanism in Android Development Tool.
- Developing a Hello World application in android.
- Understanding different folders in an android project.
- What is Activities?
- Understanding activity LifeCycle.
- Creating an Activity
- Implementing a user interface
- Declaring the activity in the manifest
- Starting an Activity
- Starting an activity for a result
- Shutting Down an Activity
- Managing the Activity Lifecycle
- Implementing the lifecycle callbacks
- Saving activity state
- Handling configuration changes
Intent & Intent Filters
- What is Intent?
- What are different types of Intent?
- Understanding how intents are resolved in android.
- What is Service?
- Different types of services?
- Understanding Service Lifecycle.
- Creation of services & declaring in Android Manifest file?
- Inter process communication with service.
- Understanding process priority in Android.
User Interface in Android
- What is View?
- What is Layout?
- Different types of Layout in Android & their use.
- Different Widget available in Android for User Interface.
- Understanding different layout params in android(margin.padding.width,height etc.).
- Event Handling in android.
- What is list view, grid view in android?
- What is adapter & which are the different types of adapter?
- When to use which adapter?
- Writing custom adapter in android.
- Creating & using Menus, Sub Menus.
- Different types of Dialog in android.
- Creating & using different dialogs in android.
- Creating & using custom dialog in android
- A test will be conducted which will cover above mentioned topics.
- Test will contain multiple choice questions.
Data Storage in Android:
- Understanding permission in Android?
- Understanding Shared Preferences.
- Saving Activity states.
- Using SQLite Databases for storing data.
- What is content provider?
- Creating & Using Content Provider.
- File saving & loading in android.
- Understanding different types of animation in android.
- Creating & using 2d & 3d animation.
- How to play audio and video in your application.
- How to use a device camera to take pictures or video in your application.
- Understanding & using Media store in android.
Sensors & Services:
- Understanding & using different sensor in android (Orientation,accelerometer etc).
- Using Location service in android.
Overview of Telephony, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi:
- Using the Bluetooth APIs.
- Understanding & using Wi-Fi APIs.
- Understanding & using Telephony APIs.
- Sending & receiving SMS & MMS.
Understanding different Design pattern for Web Services:
- How to architect your application in order to consume Rest Apis.
- Understanding three different design pattern for consuming REST api in android.
- Developing sample app for the same.
Language of instruction: English